Introducing Multikator HW/SW R/D
Multikator is a small hardware/software R/D company, which specializes in
non-trivial projects, the execution of which require new ideas, experimenting,
research, to meet extreme specifications. The
company has a long track record, among them many first-class references, some
of which are beyond the scope of this short introductory note. It develops both
OEM and end-user products for customers in Hungary, the USA, Germany and other
countries, mainly non-PC based, industry-quality, hardware/software
components / devices, focusing on instrumentation, data communication,
automation. On many occasions, Multikator has been successfully
engaged to solve a problem after bigger contractors failed. The company is
willing to work as part of a larger team on a module of a large project, or
solve a project in its entirety too.
The company works with a pool of approximately 15 on-demand specialists
with different areas of expertise. It spends much of its income on up-to-date
tools for development. The managing director, Andras Schwarz personally
performs the main engineering tasks (finding the best technical solutions,
breaking down the task into smaller sub-tasks for engineers with special fields
of expertise, system integration, testing, commissioning.
Select success stories of Multikator GmbH
- Communication between the gas station fuel pump nozzle and
the accounting system.
- Customer signature authorization system for Bank branch
cashier's desks, which fits into a very limited space.
- Railway force measurement for air brakes with data
communication (Bombardier, Hungarian Railways).
- Injection-molding shop: production data collection and
communication (extreme operating conditions).
- Large bridge construction: date collection and control of
the hydraulic system for positioning large parts (Danube bridge near
- Special-purpose trucks: strain-gauge data collection in a
wide temperature range and extreme operating conditions.
- Audi TT production line: control system for fluid dosage,
based on values prescribed individually for each car.
- Interactive water fountain: fast data collection and
- Baroque pipe-organ of the Cathedral in Eger, Hungary: full
- Aral: pay card chip with custom operating system.
- Design of HF applications for a HF chip producer, such as
a 433 -868 MHz Keelog Transmitters.
- SureTorque: special measuring instruments for
Technical Expertise of Multikator
- Real-time, multichannel data collection for special
Hardware design for special applications, difficult
- from multiple measuring devices and other sources,
even when packet based data transfer fails
- high speed, real-time, multichannel (such as Church
- rugged, industrial environment (such as RollprŁfstand)
- sensor technologies with data communication: pressure,
- calibration (currently working on simulation device for
calibrating lidar at high speeds)
On-site data processing
- fitting into a predefined, small physical space
- rugged environment: such as power supply from car
battery, in a fast-moving platform
- real-time collection of large amount of data including
data bursts, requiring fast reaction
- pre-processing of collected data, including control
- of analogue, digital devices in combination with
- over special radio channel (when bluetooth, usb, ethernet
Example application areas
- using special protocols when standard protocols (usb,
ethernet) fail or are not efficient
- encryption technologies (developed cash-on-card pay
system for Aral)
- petrol stations
- Programming languages: LabWindows (c++, c#), HighTech C,
MicroChip C, e.t.c.
- Development tools; 18ch logic analyzer, storage
oscilloscope, micro controller specific development boards,
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org